Our social:

Friday, 29 September 2017

PERSONAL LEADERSHIP: CALMNESS – A TOOL FOR CONQUEST



Many years ago, as a Corp member, I served in a five star hotel (Accounts department). At a point, I was posted to the cash point at the hotel’s restaurant.

On a fateful day, a guest came and ate and was not given any form of water to drink. He was asked to pay for water; that was how the hotel was operating. He became furious and held me responsible for that, since I was the one collecting money. He shouting fire and brim stone, almost beating me up, but I was very calm, without a word to counter what he was saying.

Other guests in the hotel came around and sorted out the issue. At the end of it all, 2 guests walked up to me and gave me gifts (money). Their reason was the way I handled him. One of them recounted how he had an issue with a staff and she was countering what he was saying, trying to defend herself and the issue escalated.

When there’s an issue on ground, you never can tell who is on the watch out. You may think you’re defending yourself, but you may end up complicating issues for yourself.

I’ve had some issues that I tried defending myself by shouting back at my opponent. I never liked it; because I know by default, I don’t operate that way.

Some people are like accident, looking for where to happen. Don’t let them happen around you; if you do, there is every tendency that the experience will change you negatively.
  
Someone once said, “People are like garbage trucks” Hear what he said about some people out there:

“People are like garbage trucks, they run around with garbage. They are full of disappointment, full of frustration, full of anger and the garbage piles up. They need a place to dump it and sometimes they’ll dump it on you.

But you know what? You don’t take it personal, you just wave, smile, you wish them well and you move on. Don’t let their garbage spread to the people at work, at home or on the street.

You love those who treat you right and you pray for those who don’t. See now, life is 10% of what you make it, the other 90% is how you take it.”  

People would hurt you in several ways: False accusation, negative language, deprivation, isolation, theft, and the like. The message is: You love those who treat you right and you pray for those who don’t.

Fighting back doesn’t solve the issue. Even when you are the fighting type, there are some issues you cannot fight to the end. False accusation is one of such.  There had been countless issues on false accusation that you and I are aware of.

Some people are languishing in prison today, due to false accusation; some have even lost their lives on the grounds of false accusation. Others have lost something very precious to them – body parts, loved ones, material belongings, position, fame, reputation, just name it.

Listen, false accusation is better fight in the spirit realm. Being on your knees is the sure way to conquer. You don’t fight back, fighting back will only complicate issues for you.

A banker friend of mine was arrested and detained (12 years ago) with the accusation of defrauding the bank. She just got to work on a fateful morning, was handcuffed and taken to a special ‘dungeon’, maybe because the money was heavy.

All efforts to see her that morning proved abortive. When we finally saw her in the evening, she was looking very calm and was praying in tongues under her breath. When I saw her, I just knew she had won the battle.

To cut the story short, upon though investigation, it was discovered that it was a mere set up. The money was actually missing and the gang that perpetuated the act placed it on her and Justice prevailed on the issue.

You must take charge of every situation you find yourself. The first thing you must do is to be calm, whether light or heavy.  Learn to be calm in any situation you find yourself; it’s only in calmness that you can take charge. Shout and panic are signs of weakness. I’m sure you don’t want to be a weak person.

Calmness is a sign of strength and maturity. When you’re calm even in the middle of an harassment from someone, people around admire you.  You also reason better on how to handle the situation.

Someone once said, “Silence and Smile are two powerful tools. Smile is the way to solve many problems, & Silence is the way to avoid many problems.”


Remain calm and friendly to win that fight. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment